in

2023: Kwara Central APC Adopts Direct Primaries For General Elections

Advertisement

…Drums Supprt For Gov AbdulRazaq Second Term

Cross session of Kwara APC stakeholders caucus at the meeting

Advertisement

The Stakeholders in Kwara Central Senatorial District have agreed on and recommended a direct primary for governorship and all other political positions in the state, approving Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq as their preferred gubernatorial candidate in the forthcoming 2023 general elections.

It was gathered that at the end of the meeting held at Kwara Hotel Ilorin, the kwara state capital, the senatorial stakeholder’s meeting was first held on last week Saturday and was later adjourned till Wednesday for more consultation from members in their various local government areas in central.

At the first stakeholder’s meeting, three motions were raised. The first motion was raised by Alhaji Raji Mohammed from Ilorin South, on behalf of the Stakeholders in Kwara Central Senatorial district said they all supported the incumbent governor of kwara state as their anointed candidate for second term.

The motion to present Mallam AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq as the sole gubernatorial candidate was supported by Hajia Nike Musa from Ilorin East Local Government of the state, following the directive of the state Chairman, Prince Sunday Fagbemi.

It was learnt that APC stakeholders’ elders caucus chairman, Barrister Kule Sulyman, said that the third motion directed all stakeholders to go to their respective constituencies to harmonize with the aspirants in order to reduce the number of contestants reasonable numbers.

He said, “There is a constituency where we have about 15 contestants vying for the same position. In this case the stakeholders have to meet the aspirants, harmonize them and make sure they have a sizable number of contestants.”

According to one of the stakeholders, Hourable Sulyman Sai Kai, the APC Chairman in the state has asked them to choose between conducting a direct or indirect primary in their various local governments.

He disclosed that in reaction to the directive of the state Chairman, after wide consultations and deliberations on the issue, stating that 98 percent of them wanted direct primary while two opted for indirect primary.

Sai Kai however, revealed that at the end of the meeting, Alhaji Mustapha Kobe moved the motion for the adoption of direct primary for all the political positions, adding that Hajia Kudirat Alagogo from Asa local government supported the motion, while everyone finally supported.

“After series of deliberation of the issues 98% of the stakeholders went for direct primary, while the remaining 2% chose indirect primary. But at the end of the meeting everyone later adopt direct primary for governorship, and all other political positions,” Sai Kai explained.

Members in the stakeholders caucus meeting are Chairman of the meeting, Barrister Kule Sulyman, Hon Moshood Mustapha , Kwara Central Senatorial Chairman, Alhaji Turawa Mahmud, State Secretary of APC, Alhaji Mustapha Ishowo, Party Chairman of Ilorin West local government, Sulaiman Tejidini, Party Chairman Ilorin East local government, Hon Habbeb, Party chairman Ilorin South local government, Hon Jaji, Party Chairman Asa Alhaji Sheu Otte.

Others include Alhaji Baba Olosasa, Engr Musa Yeketi, Retired General Agbabiaka, State Legal Adviser of APC, Barrister Jimoh Lawal, Commissioner for Tertiary Education, Senior Ibrahim Sulyman Esq, Commissioner for Housing and Urban Development, Ambassador Ibrahim Alaje, Alhaji Baba Adefalu, Alhaji Mustapha Kobe, Alhaji Baba Alapa, Alhaji Abdullahi Baboko, Alhaji Kawu Fada, Alhaji Suleman cement, Alhaji Baba Podo, Alhaji Alamoyo, Alhaji Atanda Alaya, Alhaji Iliasu Alabi Iponrin, Hon. Bamidele Aluko and Senatorial women leader, Hajia Tawa Agaka among others.

Advertisement

What do you think?

Written by Editor

I am a journalist based in Ilorin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Retraction: Kwara PDP Youth Leader, Others Issue Public  Apology To Sen. Sadiq

Kwara Politician, Dr. Saadu Alanamu Granted State Pardon