Property Goods Worth Millions Of Naira wre lost to an early morning fire that gutted a shopping complex at Folusho Hall, Kulende junction, Sango Area of Ilorin on Saturday.
The incident which occurred a few minutes past eight in the morning affected four out of the twenty-four shops in the complex.
The quick intervention of the Men of the Kwara State Fire Service however saved the complex from being totally razed by the ravaging inferno.
Confirming the development to journalists in Ilorin, the Fire Service State Director, Prince John Falade said the inferno occurred as a result of careless attitude by one anonymous person in the area who deliberately set some abandoned tyres on fire.
He, therefore, urged the residents to always be careful and desist from burning tyres and bush indiscriminately to avoid destruction of property and ensure the safety of lives.
He said, “Safety is everybody’s business,so we must all pay very close attention to any naked fire particularly during this harmattan period to avoid loss of life and properties. Prevention they say is better than cure.
“This kind of ugly development is avoidable if everybody play his role,we must never feel unconcerned whenever we see naked light because we never can tell what could happen as a matter of consequence and even the casualties.”
The director who said no life was lost in the fire incident, however, called on the people to always be at alert for any form of naked fire in their neighborhoods especially during this harmattan season.